NOM7, IWA Specialist Conference on Natural Organic Matter in Water 2019, 7-10 Oct. Tokyo
Place: Hitotsubashi Hall, Tokyo, Japan.
Contact: nom7-sec [at] env [dot] t [dot] u-tokyo [dot] ac [dot] jp
Save event to your calendar
Following successful conference on natural organic matter in aquatic environment and drinking water in Malmö, Sweden, the 7th International Water Association (IWA) specialist conference on natural organic matter (NOM7) will be organized on 7-10 October 2019 in Tokyo, Japan, to provide a platform to share the latest scientific and practical knowledge on natural organic matter in diverse water environments, drinking water, wastewater, and recycled water. Participation of all professionals and engineers in different sectors are welcome.
Kenneth M. Persson
Chair of Scientific Programme Committee
Professor, Lund University
Chair of NOM7 Organizing Committee
Professor, The University of Tokyo
The Topics to be discussed include, but not limited to, the following:
- Climate change and NOM in aquatic environment.
- Innovations in characterization, measurement and monitoring of NOM.
- Dynamics and impacts of NOM in water, wastewater, or recycling treatment processes.
- NOM as disinfection by-product precursors.
- Role of NOM in desalination processes.
- Innovative NOM removal processes in drinking water treatment.
- NOM in water supply systems (water treatment processes, biofilms, chemical or microbial processes, corrosion, distribution system and process control).
- Wastewater effluents as a source of NOM
- Land use and catchment management strategies for reducing NOM in raw waters.
- NOM quantity and quality- trends, processes and modeling.
- Ecological effects of NOM
- Wastewater effluents as NOM sources
- Organic micropollutants and their interaction with NOM
Program will be updated once finalized.
Read more on the NOM7 website