2018 International Sponge City Conference
Place:Xi’an City, China
Chinese President Xi spoke at many occasions about the need to develop sponge cities that naturally accumulate, filter, and purify rainwater. In The Information Office of the State Council on Promoting the Construction of Sponge Cities（No.75 document  of The Information Office of the State Council, the Chinese government has clearly outlined the targets, tasks and timetable for sponge city construction, which has since become the driving force behind the government's new urbanization policy nationwide.
The construction of sponge city can help to facilitate urban development transformation, advance supply-side reform and develop urban infrastructure in a more systematic way. It is very significant for improving the urban ecological environment and disaster prevention and mitigation capabilities of cities, increasing quality ecological products supply and amplifying people's sense of gains and happiness.
The 2018 International Sponge City Conference is intended to provide a forum for cities to summarize the experience gained from China's sponge city initiative in a comprehensive way, and to promote international communications and exchange of ideas. Therefore it is expected that China can benefit from experience gained in other countries and also can contribute greatly to the international community via its comprehensive and large-scaled implementation of green infrastructure through the sponge city construction efforts.
● A grand gathering of sponge city professionals in China, including those from leading companies, organizations, higher education institutions and research institutes;
● Co-organized by CUWA and leading Chinese and international organizations and supported by China's state ministries and pilot sponge cities;
● Presentation of policy orientation and development trend on sponge city construction;
● Experience sharing by 30 pilot sponge cities;
● Research exchanges between top experts from China and other countries on the topic of sponge city construction;
● Showcase of the latest sponge city construction technologies & innovative products;
● Industry development and prospects of the markets for sponge city construction.
Submission Dates and Methods
On or before 10 June 2018 - abstract submission (no more than 500 words) 10 July 2018 - notification of abstract acceptance
On or before 10 August 2018 - full paper submission
Abstracts and full papers(WORD format) can be submitted on the conference website or via email: Spongecity2018 [at] 163 [dot] com
Contact for abstract submission: xiliu1224 [at] hotmail [dot] com
Contact about conference: George [dot] lam [at] wsbrand [dot] com